Alpha Pi
University of Louisville
About the Chapter
Alpha Pi Chapter was originally chartered in 1924 at Atlanta University but soon passed out of existence as an college chapter after after Atlanta University became a graduate school. The charter for Alpha Pi was subsequently assigned to the chapter at Louisville Municipal College on May 7, 1934. The charter members were Lincoln Blackwell, Jerome C. Hancock, Ray Russel, Frederick D. Waldrip, Euclid A. Whitney, George Woodson and George Woolfolk. When Louisville Municipal College closed in 1951, the chapter was resurrected by Alpha Lambda several times during the 1960s and 1970s. The Chapter was resurrected once and for all at the University of Louisville in 1978 with the “Horrendous Five” reactivation line. Since this time, the chapter has maintained a formidable presence on campus and within the city of Louisville.
