Delta Xi

Central State University

About the Chapter

The history of Central State University is laced with the presence of Alpha Phi Alpha. Central State was originated as a derivative of Wilberforce University. In 1947 the College of Education and Industrial Arts at Wilberforce was established and legally separated from the university and placed under the direction of a board of trustees appointed by the Legislature for the State of Ohio. The name was changed in 1951 to Central State College, and in 1965, the institution achieved university status. The charter denoting Delta XI as the 300th Alpha chapter at Central State College became effective on January 8, 1951.

Past General President and General Historian Brother Dr. Charles Harris Wesley was the president of Wilberforce University from 1942 to 1947 and the first president of Central State College from 1947 to 1965.

Since its establishment, college and alumni brothers of Delta XI have maintained a strong bond in support of current students and the local community.

Chapter Details

Charter Date
January 8, 1951
Chapter Type
College
Chapter Key
300
Chapter Seat (City)
Wilberforce
District
Ohio

Location

Chapter Board Status

Chapter Board Status
Completed